Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's for dinner... Spam fried rice!

I know I know... Some of you out there hear the word "Spam" and think ewww!!! Well my Daddy didn't allow that word at the table... and neither will I ;) If you cook it right and mix it with other foods, it tastes just like bacon, and who doesn't like bacon?

To make this recipe a LITTLE healthier, I use Turkey Spam. I also add in veggies and a couple eggs to bring it all together. So here we go...

Ingredients:
1 can Turkey Spam diced into small cubes or thin sticks
1 bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower
1 can corn
1 small onion or 2 green onions sliced
1/2 cup julienned carrots
2 eggs
2 cups rice
2 cups water
soy sauce to taste


-Cook rice according to directions on package (I cook about 2 cups of rice with 2 cups water)
-Brown Spam in deep saute' pan with onion
-Add broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
-Add cooked rice and soy sauce to taste
-Scramble 2 eggs in separate bowl and then mix into rice mixture
-Allow all ingredients to cook through and I allow rice to crisp up a bit on bottom
-Enjoy!!

**Although I have never tried it, I would also imagine that Spam, Pineapple, and green onion would also be a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment