Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Boobs!!

So I called and scheduled my breast feeding class today at the hospital. The lady asked me if I wanted to do the birthing class as well, my response was "I have already had one kid, I think I got that part down" LoL

All jokes aside, I am determined that I am going to be successful this time. When I had Amelia, I thought that I was ready to go. I headed to the hospital completely unprepared. After her first 15 minutes at my breast, she had pulled up fluid filled blisters on both nipples, I had no lanolin, no nipple shields, and not even a nursing bra. I continued to feed her for 2 weeks while in agonizing pain each time (now I know that if latched correctly there will be no pain). I have always just heard about how much Bf'ing hurts and I assumed that it was supposed to feel that way.

So a word to the wise, if your expecting and planning on breast feeding... schedule a breast feeding class. It doesn't matter how much you THINK you know, a little extra knowledge is way better then getting off to a bad start and ultimately failing. The fun part... it's a couples class and I am making Matt go with me, I want him to know just as much so maybe I can get a little extra help and understanding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment